Monday, October 11, 2010

My Squig Can Tank

Planes aren't Tanks either.
Hunters Vale. A T1 dungeon filled with gloom effect. Axe and I decided we'd try doing a run today to get the almighty powerful stag cloak! But, the hard part was to come. Finding a group willing to fight along side the best destro. Well, after about an hour we found 2 healers, a dps, and a tank [The other 2 dps were Axe and I]. We hopped in that shiny glowing portal and prepared our eyes for the gloom ahead.

We entered the dungeon all fine pulled the first couple of mobs to find out that our tank is offline. It didn't seem to matter since we kited the champs around till they were dead. After that we kicked our tank and went to find a new tank.

In T1 it seems everyone is a tank. We got messages from squigherders, shamans, zealots, and every class you can be except for an actual tank class. The messages varied from "I can tank good." to "You need a squig?" We laughed the comments away as we tried to pass each mob without a tank. Needless to say we failed and gave up.

Let me put this out there, you aren't a tank unless you picked the tank archetype. No matter what anyone says. When I'm looking for a tank I don't want a dps dok who said he solo tanked a wb of order, or a squigherder who claimes to have 5000 armor. Sure they might be great feats but you lack the tank skills. So, when someone is looking for a tank don't message them saying "My squigs can tank."

No comments:

Post a Comment