Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Taking The Plunge

Sure, it may seem retarded. But, we took the plunge into WoW as well.
Spectralfox wanted me to post about our trip to WoW. I said no. Then he offered me 10 virgins. So, here it is.

World of warcraft (WoW) all of us have heard of it and some of us have played it. Sure, we mock it, call it nerdy and easy. However, when the team took a month or so break from Warhammer we decided to try WoW. I started as a priest, Spectralfox was a paladin, Vavinater a rogue, and Axenhax as a mage. We played for two days, questing together. If you played WoW you should of noticed how boring it is playing alone, so we vowed to stick together for our leveling careers.

When we hit level 15 we joined up for dungeons using the dungeon finder. After getting insta-pops we headed into ragefire chasm. Man was that an easy dungeon. So, we spammed the dungeon finder till we could spam it some more. Except this time with Wailing Caverns as the dungeon. As the group setup was a tank, healer, and 3 dps, meaning I was the only healer, and was it easy. The heals were easy to do as it seemed the tank could never lose agro.

Now, I may have said healing was easy. But, did I think wrong. In battlegrounds [the scenario equivalent] I tried to heal my group. This was the hardest thing I've ever attempted in my life. First off everyone ran around doing there own thing [It was like Warhammer Orvr in Nordland] and no indicator where my group is. Thus, making it impossible to find out where the person that needed heals was. If you want to heal in a battleground you can only heal those you see. Finding someone out of range is impossible and by the time you start healing your killed by a maxed level rogue in one shot.

So, needless to say I got mad and gave up and started a warlock as Axenhax made a warrior [his true calling is always mdps]. So, I started out on my long journey to catch up. Spamming dungeons over and over again until Call to Arms came out [Equivalent of Weekend Warfront] and spammed the battleground. The CC in this game is ridiculous. As I could fear [This move makes the opponent run away from you for like 9-15 seconds. It literally controls the opponents character] someone 100 times since it didn't seem WoW had any immunity timers.  

After I won a thousand times due to my CC. I finally climbed the ladder to level 52 and realized that the pvp sucked and came back to warhammer.

The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment